Micro DC Aircon
Micro Cooling System for Air Conditioning - The World's Smallest Air Cooling A/C Unit
The Micro DC Aircon is an air-cooled circulatory subsystem. It consists of a mini compressor (12V/24V/48V) with R134A coolant, the smallest condenser, evaporator, blower, filter drier, driver board, and other refrigeration parts.
The Micro DC Aircon is developed to satisfy the growing market that wants small cooling for compact and confined space cooling. RIGID micro aircon is frequently used in the cubby, EVs (electric vehicles), helicopters, cabs, and other small space cooling.
The small DC Aircon uses vapor compression technology to chill the air within an enclosed environment. The air removes the heat from the room and provides circulating chilled air without the need to change the user's existing system architecture.
RIGID Micro DC Aircon is good for customers who are able to deal with system control. We provide a drive board to control the aircon speeds. Our Micro DC Aircon is a compact, light, rugged temperature control system for electronic device cooling. Plus, the end user's software or computer can connect with the RIGID drive board (included) to control compressor speed and get the best performance they needed.
RIGID Micro DC Aircon enables EV batteries and electronics systems to be deployed effectively in hot, challenging environments. Over 10,000 micro dc aircon units have been deployed to outdoor telecom communications bases/electronics and Lithium battery applications worldwide. Also, RIGID has developed a tropical small & portable dc aircon (55℃) for extremely hot areas in the Middle East and Dubai.
Micro DC Aircon - Cooling
The Variable Speed Miniature DC Air Conditioner Unit Provides Unique Advantages for Your Applications
Completely Electrical Power
Reduced fuel expenses, No worry of maintenance.
Comfort Cooling Temp
Cooling temp 5℃~ 30℃, No oil comsumption, quiet.
Battery-driven, prevent atmospheric emissions of CO2
Easy to Installation
Easy mounting without drilling the cab on trucks with a hatch
Rugged Micro DC Aircon Unit
RIGID is a miniature compressor innovation leader in China. We are creative and capture new technologies in compact cooling systems. It provides focused heat transfer and is especially useful for applications where space and weight are critical matters.
RIGID air conditioning system consists of the basic 4 parts: a mini compressor, a micro-channel condenser, an expansion valve or capillary, and an evaporator. In the dc air conditioning system, the evaporator is typically a refrigerant-to-air heat exchanger which removes heat from the recirculating air. The blower is necessary to drive the airflow over the heat exchanger to drive the heat transfer.
RIGID Micro DC Aircon demonstrates the good cooling performance of the vapor compression cycle for an air conditioning system. The benefits of the mini air conditioner unit include an ultra-small radiator and evaporator with an efficient blower. It has a very compact size in design. By using a mini compressor, it has features of lightest weight while excellent heat transfer performance as well.
Input power is 150W with supposedly 550W of cooling. That's a COP of 3.0 W/W. It has a capillary tube, not an expansion valve. The compressor is variable speed, so it is energy efficient and saving. The Micro Aircon Unit contains an evaporator and a mini blower itself.
The maximum cold air outlet temperature (from the evaporator) is 5℃ (41℉). For extreme hot areas like the Middle East or Dubai, the max ambient temp is 55℃ (131℉), that is our tropical 24V air aircon unit DV1920E-AC(T). so the tropical A/C unit is able to operate in higher temps.
RIGID Micro DC Aircon is an ideal setup for van life, to cool a bed. For example, one of those ducted air blankets that hospitals use. Or a bed platform/mattress with holes to duct air to the bed. 250W of cooling is enough to keep two people comfortable when sleeping. With only 10A-15A of input power that could be reasonable.
Of course, there are no standardized ratings cited, so actual performance may vary according to different environments.
Since 2017 we have been manufacturing true direct current R134a refrigerant-based micro aircon units. They are completely battery-driven. No need for fuel! No need for oil, totally environment friendly. Our power-saving features are second to none. The micro dc aircon units do not use lesser quality alternating current compressors that run on power inverters, they are truly dc powered and are manufactured by RIGID! What makes us stand out from the competition is not only the best customer support in the industry but also the finest quality a/c units that are supported by sophisticated R&D teams here in RIGID company and shipped around the world. For more applications, click here!
Contact RIGID TEAM
SMALL COOLING UNITS
Battery Driven Portable DC Aircon Unit Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I buy Micro DC Aircon?
2. Can I get quantity discounts?
3. How much power does Micro DC Aircon use?
4. How much capacity (horse power) does Micro DC Aircon have?
5. What is RIGID Micro DC Aircon included?
6. How many batteries do I need?
7. How long will the micro aircon works connected from battery?
8. What about the connecting lines?
9. What else do I need to install the micro dc aircon?
10. How much volume or space will DC Aircon Unit cool?
11. Does the micro dc aircon need to vent?
12. What happens to the moisture in the air or condensate water?
13. How noisy is RIGID micro dc aircon unit?
14. Can I become a dealer?
15. What factors should I consider when looking for the micro A/C unit?
16. What additional parts should I need when install the micro dc air conditioner unit?
17. How can I get better cooling performance?
18. How long is the hose that dc air conditioner comes with?
19. Can I use the dc air conditioner to cool my server room?
20. How about the micro dc aircon Dehumidification Capacity?
21. Does RIGID micro dc aircon unit have heating function?
22. Does RIGID supply ready-to-go, off-the-shelf portable air conditioner?
23. Can I use RIGID micro dc aircon unit in my car?
24. What is the air flow rate at the cold air outlet?
25. What is the air flow rate at the heat exchanger?
26. How to get peak capability of this cooling unit?
27. How to adjust the dc aircon compressor speeds?
28. Can I use this portable aircon for my trailer Van or RV?
29. Can I use this dc aircon for both heating and cooling?
30. Is there a dehumidification function for this micro dc aircon？
31. Would this a/c unit work in my crane cab？
32. Where is it made, and where are we sending it from?
33. What is the ducting hose size on the mini 12v dc aircon? Where can I get a sample?